D.J. Gongol and Associates, Inc. are the exclusive manufacturer's representatives for the Gorman-Rupp
lines of municipal water and wastewater treatment systems in the states of Iowa and Nebraska. The Gorman-Rupp Company
is the world's leading manufacturer of self-priming pumps, and we are their proud representatives for municipal water and wastewater treatment applications in Iowa and Nebraska. Gorman-Rupp
self-priming pumps are reliable and easy to maintain.
Just what is a self-priming pump? The concept itself is simple, but the design relies on years of successful engineering and skilled technical work. Self-priming pumps, sometimes known as horizontal self-priming pumps
or horizontal centrifugal self-priming pumps
, are designed to work above-ground, in a clean and safe location away from the sump, while providing all the performance required by even the toughest pumping applications. Self-priming pumps are used in many of the same applications as submersible pumps and vacuum-prime pumps, but true self-primers like the T-Series from Gorman-Rupp
have significant advantages over other types of pumps:
- Maintenance. A pump is a machine, and machines require maintenance. Unlike submersible pumps, though, self-priming pumps can be maintained without moving the pump or disturbing the piping around it. Maintaining a Gorman-Rupp self-priming pump is easy -- just check the oil levels using the external sight glasses on the new Super T-Series and make occasional adjustments to the clearance between the wear plate and the impeller using Gorman-Rupp's shimless external adjustment.
- Integrated system. The fewer systems involved in making a machine work, the better for reliability. Vacuum-assisted-prime pumps require two systems: the pump itself, and the air-vacuum pump that assists with the prime. Why create more risk of pump failure by introducing a second set of mechanics into every pump? Gorman-Rupp self-priming pumps are designed to draw their own prime without any assistance, either from a vacuum pump, or from the operator. Gorman-Rupp's unique design allows the pump to maintain prime under almost all circumstances, and to re-prime on those occasions when the suction is lost in the pipe.
- Long life. Gorman-Rupp self-priming pumps last virtually forever. The very first self-priming Gorman-Rupp pump ever built worked for decades until it was retired for display at the Gorman-Rupp headquarters in Mansfield, Ohio. Compare decades of reliable service with the rapid burn-out rate you'll find with submersible pumps. It's not at all unusual for Gorman-Rupp self-priming pumps to last years and even decades without replacement parts.
- Easy repairs. Since Gorman-Rupp self-priming pumps are designed for indefinite service, they are built with sacrificial parts that protect the pump's vital components from damage and wear. Those sacrificial parts are built to last for years themselves, and are designed for quick and easy replacement that can be handled by any operator with a minimum of training.
- Scalability. A Gorman-Rupp self-priming pump is designed to be adjusted to whatever conditions you need. The motor and pump work independently and can be easily adjusted to suit the conditions you need -- and can be re-adjusted years later when conditions change, without the expense of a complete replacement. Other pumps simply can't do that.
- Solids handling. Any wastewater pump can clog, but a Gorman-Rupp self-priming pump is designed to handle solids up to 3" in diameter (for perspective, that's the size of a baseball). If a clog does occur, cleanout is quick and easy using Gorman-Rupp's easy-access coverplate. Forget the labor involved in trying to clean out other pumps, and go with the ease and reliability of a Gorman-Rupp self-primer.
Other pump companies may try to promise the advantages of a Gorman-Rupp
, but no one else has the experience and the track record of reliable service that you'll get from the original Gorman-Rupp
. We stand behind our pumps and pumping systems, and offer the best warranties in the business. For free information on how a Gorman-Rupp
self-priming pump will work for you, contact us
and we'll send it immediately. Gorman-Rupp
is the first name in self-priming pumps. We innovate...others imitate.
last revised December 2009