D.J. Gongol and Associates, Inc.
are the exclusive manufacturer's representatives for dissolved air flotation (DAF) clarifiers from Krofta Technologies in Iowa and Nebraska. Krofta's
innovative systems for water and wastewater clarification are highly efficient and can make your mechanical treatment process work economically, even in the presence of heavy fats, oils, and greases.
How it works:
- Recycled water enters the Krofta Air Dissolving Tube (ADT), where it is quickly mixed with compressed air
- The ADT mixes the air and water more than five times faster than a traditional pressure vessel, producing bubbles just 30 to 70 microns across
- The air/water mix is released into the rotating arm at the bottom of the clarifier, where it comes into contact with raw water
- Air bubbles float to the surface, capturing suspended solids before being scooped into the rotating carriage at the surface
- A scraper mechanism removes grit and other heavy solids from the floor of the clarifier
- Floated sludge is removed by the spiral scoop, while clarified water is drawn off the bottom of the tank (click here to see this step in action)
- Some of the clarified water is recycled back and used again at Step 1
If you have any questions about the Krofta
DAF clarifier, please use our contact page
and we'll be happy to assist you. Also be sure to take a look at the Krofta Sandfloat DAF clarifier and sand filter
-- an even better option for tertiary clarification and potable water treatment.
last revised 9.30.2005